YU Active Directory (YUAD) Single Sign-On
The off-campus access authentication of Yeshiva University Libraries has been switched to YU Active Directory (YUAD) Single Sign-On, the same as YU Canvas.
Please be sure that your username format is YUAD\username.
The Active Directory Default Password is 5 characters long. It is the first letter of your last name (lowercase) followed by the last four digits of your Social Security Number or YU Banner ID, e.g. j1234.
Please note: for students, your YUAD password is different than your YU Gmail account.
Password reset or other help
Need a password reset or other help?
To access the Library's licensed resources from off campus you must identify yourself as an authorized YU student or employee.
If you are the Albert Einstein College of Medicine students,please visit AECOM library.
If you are the alumni of YU, please visit Library Services for Alumni.
If you think you have reached the Denied Access Page in error, please contact email@example.com.
Troubleshooting: Browser Errors
Errors on Chrome
If your run into problems while using a Chrome browser, try the following solutions:
- Test if the problem occurs in an incognito window. Press Ctrl + Shift + N (Cmd +Shift + N for Mac) to open an incognito window on Chrome.
- Sign out of your Google account. Clear the browser cookies and cache (see Other Error Messages below). Then, sign back into Google.
- Disable browser extensions.
Error Message: "Too Many Redirects"
If your browser displays a "Too Many Redirects" error message, there are a few potential solutions for this issue:
- Use another browser (e.g. Chrome, Safari, Firefox)
- Clear browser data (see Other Error Messages below)
- Disable browser extensions (e.g. AdBlock):
- Synchronize system date and time with the internet:
Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge
Canvas no longer supports Internet Explorer 11, and it caused the authentication error with the library E-Reserves platform. Please use the latest version of one of the supported browsers:
The old Microsoft Edge browser does not work with many websites and its icon looks very similar to the Internet Explorer icon. If you are using the Edge browser, changing browsers may fix the issue. - Upgrade to the new Microsoft Edge.
Other Error Messages
There are numerous errors that users can run across that are browser related. If you receive an error that does not match one of the examples in this guide, clear your browser cache and cookies.
- How to Clear the Cache and Cookies in Your Web Browser The University of Iowa provides a helpful guide on how to clear the cache and cookies for multiple browsers.
If none of these solutions work, please report the problem to firstname.lastname@example.org. When submitting the question, list the name of the database, the name of the article (if applicable), and a description of the error. We will contact you when the issue has been resolved.
*Credit to University of Texas Libraries Guide: Electronic Resources: Troubleshooting.