Access to the Mendel Gottesman Library building on the Wilf Campus and to the Hedi Steinberg Library on the Beren Campus is available to the following persons with appropriate ID:
- Currently-enrolled students, faculty, and staff with valid Yeshiva University ID Cards.
- Yeshiva University alumni/ae and spouses with valid Alumni ID cards. To apply for your free Alumni ID Card, please complete this form and bring it to the Wilf Campus Security office in Strenger Hall, 2521 Amsterdam Avenue.
- Researchers and visiting scholars with a demonstrated need for Special Collections and Archives who have received a confirmed appointment. Appointments should be requested in advance by sending an email message to this address. Researchers and visiting scholars will receive confirmation of their appointment via email. Proof of COVID vaccination will be required.
- Approved METRO Referral System participants. METRO Referral System participants have one-time, on-site use of specific books or subject areas and should consult with a librarian at their home institution who will complete the online METRO Referral form for approval.
- Student and academic staff at NYATLA (New York Area Theological Library Association) member institutions should request an appointment by completing and submitting this form.
- Students and academic staff at Albert Einstein College of Medicine.
All approved visitors will visit Yeshiva University Security at Strenger Hall (2521 Amsterdam Avenue) or Stanton Hall (245 Lexington Avenue) to receive a visitor pass on the day of their visit.
Please note: Yeshiva University students and faculty will be given priority access to collections and services. Others may be required to relinquish use of materials or facilities. Access for students at Yeshiva University High Schools is governed by special arrangement.
Updated September 22, 2022