Register for Alumni Access
E-Resources for Alumni
Bar Ilan Online Judaic Responsa - Limited to 30 concurrent users. Please log out when finished. Includes Responsa literature, the Bible, the Talmud and their principal commentaries; works about Jewish law and customs; major codes of Jewish law, such as Maimonides' Mishneh Torah and the Shulchan Aruch with its principal commentaries; midrashim, Zohar, etc.
Talmudic Encyclopedia אנציקלופדיה תלמודית - Located on the bottom right of the Bar Ilan Responsa page. Scroll down and click the + next to אנציקלופדיה תלמודית. Covers each Halacha from Sinai, through the Talmudic deliberations and to literature of the Rishonim and Achronim.
Index of References Dealing with Talmudic Literature (Lieberman Institute) – The Index encompasses the Mishna, Tosefta, Talmud Bavli & Yerushalmi, and refers to more than 1000 books, from the Geonic to the modern period, citing specific pages or notes in which the given Talmudic text is discussed. Where available, the Index provides a direct link (click on the magnifying-glass icon) to the cited work at Hebrewbooks.org.
National Newspapers - Comprehensive coverage of leading international, national, and regional papers such as The New York Times, USA TODAY, The Atlanta-Journal Constitution, The Boston Globe, Chicago Tribune, The Guardian, Christian Science Monitor, Houston Chronicle, The Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, and The Washington Post. Overall coverage is 1980s to the present.
Otzar HaHochma - Limited to 15 concurrent users. Please log out when finished. Digital library of over 90,000 Hebrew books on the Bible, Mishnah, Talmud, Jewish law, and Jewish thought.
To Print: Click printer icon in vertical menu to left of the document, enter a page range, and click הדפס.
For PDF, choose "Save as PDF" as printer destination and then click SAVE.
REFWORKS (Log into your Refworks account, not YUAD) - Bibliographic management tool to import references from documents or databases; automatically insert references into your paper, and generate formatted bibliographies and manuscripts.
If you still use the Legacy version of Refworks follow the Ready to Migrate instructions.
SAGE Premier Journals: Find full text of articles in over 645 journals in the Social Sciences & Humanities, Health Sciences, Life & Biomedical Sciences, and Materials Science & Engineering.
Talmud Text Databank (Saul Lieberman Institute) - This database contains manuscripts, first printed editions and Cairo Geniza fragments of the Babylonian Talmud. Additionally, there are more than 1,700 digital photographs of Mishnah and Talmud fragments from the Adler Geniza collection in New York (JTS) and early European fragments from libraries and archives in Italy.
Yeshiva Academic Institutional Repository (YAIR) - Full access to Research and scholarship from YU faculty, staff, and students.
Alumni/ae Access Policies
- Checking out books
- Fill out registration card at the circulation desk.
- Time frame: immediate
- Online resource access for Alumni/ae
- Use of YULIS PCs (*any extant alumni accounts on Academic Computers will eventually be purged)
- Try to log into Academic Computer*. If unsuccessful, try logging into YULIS PC. If unsuccessful, follow next steps:
- Fill out paper form obtained at Circ Desk, which requests info such as birth date.
- email with login info will be sent
- Time frame: usually 1 day
- Printing & Copying
- Ask at circulation desk for a printing/copying card.
- Fill out online form on designated PC. Then swipe the card at that PC to initiate it
- Add $ to card by swiping it at kiosk next to copier. [$.20/page; $1.00/color page]
- To copy, swipe card at copier.
- To print, send print job to PC from a YULIS PC, and swipe card at release station to release job.