Getting Started? Search More than One Place at Once
Find Materials Your Professor put "On Reserve"
Reserve Articles, etc. (Electronic)
1. Go to E-Reserves (link above)
2. If you are off-campus or in the dorms, log in using the instructions below.
3. Search the system by department abbreviation, course number/name, or instructor.
4. Enter the course E-reserves password your professor handed out.
5. Locate the links or pdf files assigned by your professor.
Reserve Books, etc. (Print)
1. Go to "Reserves Search" in the YULIS Library Catalog (link above)
2. Search the system by department abbreviation, course number/name, instructor, or title of the book.
3. Write down the Call Number of the book.
4. Bring the Call Number and your YU ID with you to retrieve the book:
- Stern: Reserve Desk, North Wing
- Pollack / Gottesman: Circulation Desk, 2nd floor
- Gottesman non-course related reserves: Reference Desk, 5th floor
Reserve books have a 2-hour loan period for in-library use only.
Overdue fines are 25 cents per hour per item.
Use the YULIS Library Catalog
Searching the YULIS Library Catalog
Books in the library are organized by call number:
Look for these charts in the library, or click for pdfs:
More in Depth, Focused Research
More Help Accessing Articles & Books
Need Something YU Libraries Doesn't Have?
|Phrase search||Use quotation marks around your phrase|
|Truncation (sometimes called "wild card")
||Use an asterisk (*) with a word stub|
|Choose a field to search
|Resource category limiters
||Drop-down menus or check boxes|
|Boolean operators --see examples below
E-Resources Manager/Public Services Librarian